4 cyl., Chevy S-10, Pick-up, need more power, Dont know where to get it from???

I know buy a bigger truck and I know i'm in the 4x4 truck newsgroup. Well, it's a '96 extnd cab, 5-spd. with 84,000 miles on it in prety much perfect condition and paid for. I can't hardly justify paying 25, 30 thousand
dollars on a new truck. I just would like to find out how I could maybe get a little more guts under the hood. Instead of buying a new truck I was thinking maybe a little flat bottom boat or pop-up camper, but I know pulling anything would be a task for that little truck. I've seen you guys do some amazing stuff to small trucks and thought you might give me some constructive advise on what I could do to get some more power. Also where can you find camper shells for a S-10. I'd appreciate any advice ya'll can give, Thanks, James Eaton Katy, TX
Start out simple, Exaust, More air, possibly a chip. If you want to get real creative Turbo, or Supercharger, cold air Kit.

under
that's exactly what i'm looking for .... Thank you

Well,
perfect
flat
task
more

under
Before I invested in a turbo or supercharger for a 4 cyl. I would look into a wrecked lo mileage V6 S-10, buy it or al least the engine and swap. Then you can always sell your 4 cyl. to recover some of the costs.
Brian

Well,
perfect
flat
task
more
into
and how is he supposed to mate up a V-6 with a 4-cyl transmission ?

you
Then
That's why I suggested by the wrecked truck. If he just gets the motor there will be a lot of things he'll need from a V6 S-10. I guess I could have listed the entire shopping list.............
Brian
I've been told you could bolt a 572 up to a 4 speed munchie if ya pleased....
~KJ/TLGM

you
Then
2.8, 3.1,and 3.4 60degree V6's will bolt up to a 2.5 4cyl bell housing.

A7N8X-E Deluxe Revision 2.xx BIOS 1008 AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core 2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM) Geforce FX 5200 128MB Windows XP Home SP1 3Dvision TV/FM/Video Capture Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 8 40GB Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar WD1600BB 160GB Hard Drive .......and the list goes on.........
go for the 3.1 its a stout powerful little engine that gets good mileage. ive had the 3.4 in a lumana z34 insane power poor mileage and parts are insane. <Wildbill> wrote in message wrote:

Well,
perfect
under
flat
more
I think he's talking about the 3.4 single cam not the DOHC that you had in the Z34. I have 129,000 miles on my 1994 Z34 and have replaced the timing belt twice. Broke under warranty once and I replaced it myself the second time. I had to buy two cam alignment tools from Kent-More that cost $75.00. Other than that and the belt and idler pulleys that cost around $150.00 I haven't spent much on it.
Brian
wrote:

task
you
ok, mine had about 65k miles on it when it was repo'd best i ever got for mileage was 16. what about u
wrote:

guts
I averaged 18 mpg and on the highway about 23 mpg.
Brian
wrote:

newsgroup.
thousand
little
thought
some
Drop a Smallblock 350 in there(a Junkyard motor if yer' low on $$$ ) once its in there.......you can add things as ya' git the cash..............and you git' to enjoy the look on "Rice-Racer-boyz" face when ya' smoke'em then eat him up at every lite....lol "What?....O' it's Just an ol' pick-up with a Junkyard Motor"........lol
The Dirt Weasel "JEEP..........It's whats fer' Dinner"