6.5l TD oil pump change?

Hello Everybody,
we have a 93 K3500 with a 6.5l TD engine. My question: is it necessary to take half of the front differential appart to change the oil pump? A
repair shop estimated $500 labor for an exchange. Greetings, Intclimb
intclimb wrote:

Maybe remove the front diff to drop the crankcase pan but not take it apart.
--

www.thesnoman.com