2.5 TD inj Pump

Hi, I traced a leak on my lucas CAV inj pump to 2 loose bolts holding on an ovalish plate to the side of the IP, easy fix, just tighten them up... but they were so loose that the plate has moved up or down due to the slotted holes on the plate. Now this plate (opposite side of pump to engine) has a large bolt head sticking out in the middle, so I'm wondering if the position is important, also the small bolts holding the plate in place were torx with a security pin in the middle, which also suggests the position is important.

Does anyone know what this plate is covering and if the position is vital, engine runs OK etc, or is there a service manual for this IP anywhere? (it has some info on the pump, DSA 621, DPS 8520A290A, engine is 2.5 TD [not Tdi])

Thanks alot! Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.