'88 Chevy S-10 4x4

I have an 88 chevy s-10 with a 2.8 and Im wondering if I can put a 4.3 in without changing the tranny and transfer case. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Nope, been there tried that. Gotta change the radiator too.
RJ in WV
Adapter plate between motor and transmission http://www.advanceadapters.com They also other items u will need -- Mad Dog

Here are some links u will need http://search.msn.com/results.asp?FORM=sCPN&RS=CHECKED&un=doc&v=1&q=s-10%20V8%20conversion it's gonna b cheaper to swap tranny's -- Mad Dog

yuo really think it's wise to spend $600 on an adaptor plate?
REAL dumb move-- for about $1000, you could buy a truck with the 4.3 already in it.

Short answer is No. Long answer is no.
Tranny is incompatible. the 3.1 or 3.4L GM motor will match with the bell housing from the 2.8L
Go to www.s-series.org and look through the billboard system and you'll find all you might ever want to know on this as well as any other imaginable engine swap scenario.
Big Chris

not to mention s10-4x4.org
he could also search the google archives of this group. Question is only asked 4-6 times a month.....

No..
Tip: sell truck, buy the one you want. MUCH cheaper.