2000 Chevy S-10 4x4

My truck has been struggling to start in the mornings, especially when it's humid outside. I thought for it needed a tune up, I have 140,000km on it, and never had a garage touch it. I got a garage to tune it up, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor etc. The stupid thing starts better, but sometimes it still takes a while to get it started. When driving it hesitates before it kicks in if I hammer the gas peddle. It use to go real good. I also tried fuel injector cleaner that you put in the gas tank and that didn't do anything. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Glenn

Reply to
HopsNBarley

Did you have the fuel filter changed with the tune up?

Reply to
89GMC
89GMC

I did that about 2 years ago, do you think I should maybe get it done again?

Glenn

Reply to
HopsNBarley

YES

Reply to
ShoeSaleman

ShoeSaleman

Actually, come to think of it, I had it replace last summer when my fuel pump went on the fritz. I didn't realize at first that it was changed then, but I remember my mechanic telling me I had to do it.

Glenn

Reply to
HopsNBarley