88 K2500 brake lights all off, or all on . . .

On my 1988 K2500, the brake lights are out. . . during the day, that is. When I turn on the headlights, they are ON and stay on. The pedal has no effect in either setting. Bad headlight switch?
FWIW, I have a Fisher plow rig with a second set of lights on the head gear.
Sparky

bad ground....
is your k2500 a 7200ls or a 8600lbs? if it's a 7200 pounder, would you be kind enough to tell me what your GVWR plate says in regards to front and rear axle capacity? my truck's door was replaced long ago, so I don't have that info.
thanks, Bret