98 Blazer

My Blazer has coolant leak and I'm not sure where the leak is coming from so I am looking for ideas to figure this out. I have coolant leaking on the floor, the puddle is about even with the fire
wall, the leakage/dripping appears to be coming from an area right above the starter. I suspect it may/could be the heater core? Is this possible? If the heater core leaks will it leak on the inside or outside?
The hose's entering the core appear to be okay so I suspect it's further down.
I will try to pressure test it tomorrow and see if I can detect the leak. If it is the heater core I'm sure not looking forward to pulling the dash apart as my Haynes manual shows.
Thanks in advance for any help.