alt.trucks.chevy

I have spent a lot of money beefing a TH350 a couple of years ago, should have done a 700R with overdrive, but to late. So my question is can a TH350 be modified to the TH350C that has the electric lock up
torque converter. That way in a perfect would I could drop the RPM by 500 is my understanding on the freeway.
Nope!
Get an RV Converter. Lower stall, less slippage.

cabopeter wrote:

cabopeter wrote:

I have to best parts you can put in a TH350. I don't think slippage is a problem. But thanks for the suggestion.

It doesn't matter how good your trans was put together..... the torque converter does have a certain amount of slippage. That is the whole reason lock up converters became the norm. Since you have a TH350 which doesn't use a lock up converter an RV converter is the next best thing. Bob
ALL automatic transmissions have slippage! Even a little bit! Whether its at the converter or at the clutches...

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:15:17 -0500, "Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote:

This is true though it is a very small amount with a locking converter. If you want to calculate your actual slippage you can try the link below. Also non locking stock converters get at "tight" as they are going to get above 2500 RPM or so.
http://forum.snoman.com/slippage.php ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
sure
merely change the case, pump, input drum assembly, valve body and add appropriate wiring
nothing to it