Couple of questions, HELP

I bought an old 87 Blazer with it's fair share of problems but I am slowly sorting them out but here are my current issues. First I don't have the owners manual and the labels on the fuse panel are all but gone and I can't read them, does anybody have a pic or diagram of the fuse panel? Second the lights for the 4X4 shifter don't work. I see 3 wires on the one connector, brown w/white tracer, white, and black. I have 12V on the brown and I assume the black to be ground, where does the white wire go? I see the other connector goes to the transfer case and I haven't gone there yet but shouldn't I have some light in the display either way regardless of what if anything is happening there? Any and all help at this point is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Reply to
Rick

Is this an S-10 or full-size (K5) Blazer? I'm totally guessing here, but I'd assume you have a hot wire to power the light/lamp on the 4x4 shifter, and another to signal the light on the dash to come on when you switch to 4x4. Don't take that as gospel though.

Regardless, do yourself a favor and pick up one of these:

It should cover everything you need to know.

~jp

Reply to
Jon Pickens

Do they come on at all when you run the lever back/forth? If so, it's probably just out of adjustment, and the contacts aren't lining up.

Reply to
John Craker

Reply to
Rick