AMSOIL

Hi guys, is anyone out there using this oil? I'm using Mobile 1 in my 99 Blazer 4X4 and due for an oil change next week. Been on the net and read about it and they state it's the best on the market and you can go a whole year without an oil change (using their filters or course). I'd like to hear feedback or opinions before spending the extra $$$.

Laurie

Reply to
Iceman

It'll cost you a years worth of oil changes to use this stuff :-)

As Doc once told me, save your money. Use what you know works.

--

---------------------------------------------------------------- Ed Murray Certified Locksmith My Enthusiast's Website:

Crooked-Ridez

I use amsoil in everything I own from my 2cycle weed eater to my 350 HP 4wd tractor on the farm and I think its the best oil going, I don't agree that it will cost you a years worth of oil changes to use it, it is not much higher than mobil 1.

Reply to
Tim H.

Mobil 1 is $4.99/quart. AMSOIL, last time I checked was around $12/quart.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I use Amsoil, have for five years, before that Mobil one. I'm a dealer too, mostly to get the oil at cost. I'll sell it, but not with fantastic stories, personal experience only.

Here's a guy doing his own study, he just finished his Mobil one test, and started the Amsoil a little over a month ago. Read up, it's interesting.

Reply to
RJ in WV

Hey Doc,

Don't know where you are getting your prices from but the last 10W30 Amsoil I bought was $5.15 a quart.

Reply to
Tim H.