An American Revolution ?

I just thought all you Bow-Tie boys would like to know that the new Chevy Equinox has a 3.4 made in China , A auto trans made in Japan by Aisin and the whole thing is assembled in Canada. I dont mind that but I wish they
would stop telling people to buy american when they dont themselves.
zonie wrote:

Do you think that this is something new? Get with the program man, it's been happening for years. There is no such thing as a totally made in America domestic vehicle anymore. Hasn't been for a while.
Ian
. . ========sjemoomaw@nospam (zonie) took a break from his Buisness Management class at Harvard to enlighten the group with the knowledge he'd gained in his recent course studies with this spewing forth of facts: . . I just thought all you Bow-Tie boys would like to know that the new Chevy Equinox has a 3.4 made in China , A auto trans made in Japan by Aisin and the whole thing is assembled in Canada.
I dont mind that but I wish they would stop telling people to buy american when they dont themselves.
============== Hey Zonie..........
i got some reeellly bad news bout all them shirts you been buying at the ole WallyMart....
and that gas you been stick'n in that fuel tank....
and them air filters you been get'n down at the ole AutoZonedOut store.....
and dat fish you been buy'n at the grossme store.....
and them bed sheets you been sleep'n on....
and most every thing else that you're look'n around at inside that house of yers......
Zonie, you should keep it in mind that it wuz yer American decedents that made it possible for ole Jay-pan to become so damn proficient at manufacturing those superior, high quality, trannies and engines in the first place......or ain't you old enough to recall when an AMERICAN MADE vehical with 100,000 miles on it wuz likely found in the junk-yard, and not still going and going and going????
Don't get me wrong there Zonie...... I'm all for buying American.....but.....we jest had this major wind storm here in Pensacola....and that foriegn coal their uh use'n to keep my lights on....sure seems to be okay with me cuz the barge hauling it is being piloted by an American. And when yuh go back to WallyMart to buy that gas fer yuh car, and that new pair of jeans to cover yer arse, and that 1 inch thick ribeye to pop on yer grill.......remember to "tanky very much" the American dats ring'n it up fer yuh. lmao
oh....by the way.....my wifes a Mexican, but not to worry yerself....she's made in AMERICA......and thinks yer a hoot. lmao
~:~ MARSHMONSTER ~Dutch-Irish-German-Blackfoot Indian....... made in America.........~
First off . I drive a Honda and Toyota. I know who builds quality machines. Ive worked in Chevy garage for 33 years, notice what I drive. I never go to Walmart , or Auto-zone. And I never eat sea food , I just get tired of people thinking their General Motors cars are American made
. . ======sjemoomaw@nospam (zonie)
First off . I drive a Honda and Toyota. I know who builds quality machines. Ive worked in Chevy garage for 33 years, notice what I drive. I never go to Walmart , or Auto-zone. And I never eat sea food , I just get tired of people thinking their General Motors cars are American made
============ simmer down man...... yer blood vessels is uh popp'n
hear....drink this.....
it's made from American mushrooms.....
yer gonna feel better bout it all any minute now.
000 L O
Marsh ~:~ ============
Um, then why do you work in a GM shop if GM cars are so bad?
If you have never worked in a Honda or Toyota shop, then how do you know that those cars do not break down as well?
Every car maker makes parts somewhere else and assembles them in their desired country. Porsche and Mercedes, for example.
Lobsters are still made in the USA. Just come to BAASTON!!!
On 10/25/04 9:44 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com, "zonie"

Newsgroup Reply wrote:

Well, that's fairly easy to figure out. Why do you think a technician would prefer to work on cars that break down a lot and provide a steady stream of work/income for them?
Ian
Point taken.
My point is that if you are so unhappy with the products you are working on, maybe another product is best suited for you.
I wouldn't want a person who hates their products repairing my product. Maybe the reason there is so much work is that the job is not done right the first time.
I don't think there is a shortage of work in any dealership of any make.
On 10/27/04 10:14 PM, in article tCYfd.42485$nl.31875@pd7tw3no, "shiden_kai"

zonie: I just thought all you Bow-Tie boys would like to know that the new Chevy Equinox has a 3.4 made in China , A auto trans made in Japan by Aisin and the whole thing is assembled in Canada. I dont mind that but I wish they would stop telling people to buy american when they dont themselves. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can thank the Tri-Lateralists, Neo-Cons, Multi-National Corporations, the banking elite/IMF, and the GOP, etc, for that... and you ain't seen NOTHING yet! The NWO isn't coming, it's here! :-)
GC wrote: > You can thank the Tri-Lateralists, Neo-Cons, Multi-National

You forgot the Freemasons.                                 Remo

I'm more concerned with trucks in this forum than politics but the GOP?? Didn't NAFTA originate under the Clinton administration?
jAy
"Jay" <jgibson1 AT COM CAST . NOT> wrote:

Chevy/GM is still an American company so while they may manufacture and or assemble a few products outside our borders so does everyone else. The difference though is that since they are American owned they pay American taxes, borrow through American banks, sell their stock on the American stock market, have American VP's, Board members, Managers, project managers, Accountants, Lawyers, Designers, etc, etc. A company like Honda or Toyota may assemble a few of their products here but the rest from design to R and D is all done in other countries. Any modern product the manufacturering and assembly is a small part of the big picture.