C10 Question

I'm doing a lot of off roading. Traded in my 1996 jeep last week for an 85 C10, shortbox on 40's. (pics: http://web.mac.com/amirtal33/iWeb/GTK/Buddy.html ).
Any reason why it shouldn't go through inspection with those tires ?
SWEET lookin Truck if it had something other than 100% redneck all over it due to the paint scheme! The left front needs to be turned around on the rim. Though I cant see the right rear. You might just need to swap the two. I would hate to know how often you will be changing u-joints...lol...
The tires are DOT approved, and as long as none are worn out or cut up, you should be fine as long as your local laws are okay with the tire size. Speaking of size, you might want to check your local and state laws about bumper and headlight height limitations.
http://www.truckworld.com/How-To-Tech/97-lift-laws/lift-laws.html
I don't know how accurate or how up-to-date the info is, but it might give you an idea.

http://www.sema.org/images/pdf/33525.pdf
This one seems better...
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:18:49 -0500, "Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote:>you might want to check your local and state laws about

Sound advise because this may be a bigger problem than your concerns about tires as this varies from state to state and in different local governments too. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
Thanks for the lift laws links, will look into that... Even though I already got it inspected, guess NJ laws aint that bad :)
Totally right about the paint job.. I bought it like that (yes, from a redneck..) :) and will do something about it as soon as some cash becomes available... I'll drive it mostly off road, so it aint that bad ;)
On 6/14/06 12:18 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@rapidnet.com, "Shades" <shades_1970atnetinsdotnet> wrote:> SWEET lookin Truck if it had something other than 100% redneck all over it

I'd see what I could do about that #8, maybe it could be buffed off without ruining the paint. LOL. I can't get away with going that high because of bumper height laws, at least without dropping the bumpers and in my opinion that looks like crap. I have some pics of mine I took over the winter, no new ones because last time I pulled the CF card out of my digital cam a pin from the camera came out in the card. Since we are bragging on our rigs here it is http://johnnyreb292.tripod.com/misc /

Did they test the brakes. I had an 87 which never would stop worth a hoot, and when I put really large tires on it, it would not "skid" them, even though the entire brake system was redone completely, those brakes just could not hard stop a big tire like this. Test this carefully, as its rude to figure it out in a panic stop. and it will stop, but not like a car.
--
JAMES HAYES