Class Action Suit

Page 3 of 3

Dont let the door hit you on the way out non-driver
HDS
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:10:12 -0500, nonsense

Hmmm. My 2003 has ~105,000 miles on it with original rotors AND pads. I'd never buy anything BUT OEM brake parts for this. I've never had any vehicle that did anywhere near this good on brakes.
Good luck with that.

This guy that was given his handle over 35 years ago because the way a certian car moved on down the road has never had rotor failures that werent his fault. The Vegas would chew a rotor but that might have had something to do with the well built V-8's that where stuffed under the hood untill I learned how to mount S-10 spindles on the front. The 91 chevy has 247,000 miles on the rotors and last brake job they mic'd out at .987, so they are starting to get there, machine to is 980, discard is 965. The 87 had just under 300K when daughter wrecked it, still had original rotors and drums. And the 2003 has 98,000 on it with original rotors. The only time I saw issues were on northern vehicles and salt was the blame. Some southern with rear disk that hadn't learned to keep the rear wheels out of salt water when backing a boat trailer. GM has always had heftier brakes than ether Ford or Chrysler across the entire line up. and Ford has always had the most problems with calipers hanging up and tearing up rotors, And always had the smallest brakes rpotor thickness and diameter wise, as well as drum diameter and shoe width, across its entire line up, but thats just opinion based on 25 years plus I spent doing brakes for a living..
Whitelightning
Whitelightning wrote:

What a boring life!

It paid for a house, put two kids through school, allowed some travel, the pursuit of hobbies, a college degree for myself, and lots of good freindships. All in all it been a damn fine life so far. Whitelightning
don't feel bad. you got more miles on yours than i did. i had a 99 S-10 ext cab and had to have the rotors turned with 5500 miles on it and at 15000 miles had to get new rotors. the first time i took it to the dealer and they turned them for free no charge. the second time i went to the garage by my house and let them put the new rotors on and pads because they were cheaper than the dealer by about 100 dollars. after that i had no problems with the brakes. the back brakes i never had to mess with and i traded the truck in for a 2006 chevy equinox and the pickup only had 35000 miles on it. no problems with the brakes so far on this suv.
Class Action Suit? Is that like a Polyester Sport Suit?
they were popular in the 70's but maybe you could bring them back....as long as they are classy/actiony.