class action window suit?

Just got home from work and got a little informational thing in the mail about a class action suit against VW re: power window regulators. I don't get it - VW is already warrantying them. I'm not sure what I should be pissed about since I just got both of my windows fixed for zippy out of pocket.

nate

Reply to
Nathan Nagel

You got them fixed because of the suit. I read it also and that was the jist of it as far as I can tell.

Reply to
Joe R

Well they don't warranty the windows on my Passat - that would have been nice. I haven't seen the suit - does it include the Passat, or only the A platform cars?

Brett

Reply to
Brett

FYI, VWs in general have 'bad' electrical systems... at least according to Consumer Reports, the electrical is one of the problem areas.

Reply to
93 Fox

'97 Passat. Lost the passenger/right side about 2 years ago. I was easy with the left when it started going & it lasted untill 6 months ago when I rolled it all the way down.

The plastic gear in the regulator is what stripped in the right side when the plate that hold it on bent. VW does not sell the gear by itself.

Reply to
willbr