clicking in front end.

HI guys, 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3. got a question, I've noticed that when I'm driving slow (under 10mph) and or coming to a stop and get under 10-15 mph there is a clicking sound coming
from the front of my truck it's very consistant and seems to be worse when I'm turning right..maybe.. My first thought was a CV joint which is most likely what it is, but I'm just wanting to check and make sure it couldn't be something else.
Also one other thing I've noticed is that when I accelerat there is something in what sounds like the drive line that is making a noise that sounds like two pieces of metal getting hot and expanding and sliding together... I can't tell if it's something like that or if it's just something loose or slipping.
Any thoughts?
Adair
On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 02:26:31 GMT, "Adair Winter"

Hard to say without hearing it. It could be the front brake calioers too. Given age of truck though there is a good chance that it is CV's as they can start to click when they get worn. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to run it by my friends house who is a mechanic and see what he thinks about it.
Adair
It could be the steering shaft. I know that many of the 2001 and later chevys have had a problem with the intermediate shaft and once replaced, the clicking should stop if of course it isn't your CV joint.
Adair Winter wrote:

Adair Winter wrote:

After 6 years & 70,000 easy miles, My late 2000 Silverado 4x4 Ext 5.3 had a
loose front skip plate... Every time I slammed a door, I heard a front
end rattle... Dealer torqued up 4 self tapping screws & noise gone!!