Low Front End and Hi Rear Prob, 2K Silverado

I have a silverado with the front end really low and the rear really high. I want to make the truck level. Maybe longer shocks, tightening the torsion bars and aligning the front end again? Has anyone had this type of problem?

Thanks, Sam

Reply to
Samael

That's not a problem it is how the truck was built and designed. I'm guessing that it is there so that you can carry large amounts of weight without the body coming in contact with the wheel well. But I also want to make mine level and wanted to know if anyone knows if there are a type of block like the kind you would put on the rear between the axel and the leaf spring but for the front end?

Reply to
Justin Spencer

You could replace the rear leaf spring shackles with longer ones, this should lower the rear end 1.5 to 2" This is about the cheapest way to go about leveling out a truck. Your saying you have torsion bars so you must have a 4x4. I'd do that first. If the front is still a little lower, you can screw the adjusting bolts for the bars in a little more to raise it up a bit, but doing that will also change your Alignment. I'd do the shackles and if it's not level enough for you, bring it to a alignment shop and see if they can raise it up a bit and then align it back up for you. They'll be able to measure better up on a level rack to make sure your truck is level then you trying to do it on the ground.

Reply to
JBDragon