clueless-93 lumina apv part 2

ok I took my mini van to the shop and they said it was my torque converter. so they unhooked my overdrive will that damage my tranny? or anything else?
they also told me I was looking at over 350 dollars in repair for the torque converter is that reasonable or should I go else where?
Running with Torque Convertor lock up disengaged will overheat the trans, doing that is for diagnostic purposes only. 350 is a good price for the job.

-