Considering Hermoff exhaust manifolds for 90 K1500

Greetings,
I'm considering a set of Hermoff replacement manifolds (#6123/6124) for my '90 K1500 350. The price looks good but I'd appreciate any feedback from someone that's tried them.

regards Peter

One word: HEADERS.
Doc

Doc,
Any recommedations for a reliable, low cost set of headers? My truck is a second vehicle (plow truck/dumphauler/lumber yard etc.) Much as I'd love to tart it up it has to play second fiddle to tuition payment and home improvements for now. The Hermoff's at $65 ea are really attractive.
You responses are informative and appreciated.
regards Peter

Peter,
You could grab a set of Hooker Competetion headers for around $140/pair, or a set of Hedmans for the same price. Flowtech's "Afterburner" headers are also in this price range. Problem is, you'll need a new Y-pipe to run from the headers to the catalytic which will run you another $135 or so.
So, the headers themselves are about the same price as the manifolds, but the y-pipe is gunna bump it up a bit.
HTH,
Doc

That certainly helps. The Y pipe is part of the reason I'm doing it. The pipe needs replacing and there isn't enough meat left on the manifolds to reconnect (flanges are rusted thin).
Any recommedations for vendors? I'll search around but if you know of a good source for both (headers and Y pipe) I'd appreciate hearing.
thanks again Peter

www.summitracing.com
www.jegs.com
Take er' easy,