Disable warning buzzer-beeper GMC 2003

I have a new 2003 GMC pickup. It features a warning beeper that sounds when the door is opened and the key is in the ignition. This beeper plays through the stereo speakers in the door. I want to disable it because I use the truck to patrol my farm while hunting for varmints. I'd like to be able to open the door without drawing the immediate attention of the coyotes, but also without having to remove the keys. How could this be accomplished?

Thanks

Reply to
Harrison

If you just pull on the key slightly, it should stop..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Reply to
Mike Hall

Pull the key out a bit. The beeper itself is part of the radio which is tied into the entire data bus in the truck. That is what will make aftermarket stuff real interesting in the newer trucks, pull the radio and the truck won't run.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Harrison