Drops under engine

'98 Z71, 5.7 w/78k.. I've notice the past few weeks a few drops of what I think might be anti-freeze under the engine in the mornings... the drops are
clear, not the telltale antifreeze color... I've looked everywhere to see where they might be coming from but haven't really seen anything definite. All hoses are in good shape and no leaks can be seen. What I have noticed is on both sides of the engine what seems to be "sweating" at the base of the heads where they meet the block and only can only be seen in the mornings... The oil is clean and haven't seen any loss of anti-freeze and it runs great... I'm puzzled, has anyone else had this happen? I'm somewhat concerned that it might be the head gaskets!

Most likely not the head gaskets. Look on the intake at the heater hose fitting. It is mad of pewter and they rot and leak. Look for growth around it.
Alan
-- Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com <<<<<<------ Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access
Also they are notorious for leaking intake manifold gaskets and that allows the water jacket throught them to leak water down the back of the heads. old john

condensation? Buy a shot of UV dye and put in radiator. Run it a few days then black light it. Leaks are easy to find when they are glowing like a neon sign.

Could be condensation from exhaust headers, if you have water in fuel.