Few lift questions for 98' TJ

I have a 98' 4.0L TJ. I'm going to be getting a 4" skyjacker lift done soon and can't decide whether to go with 33's or 35's. So far I am getting the following:

4" Skyjacker single flex lift 6" Bushwacker fender flares 4.56 or 4.88 gears (depending on which size tires i get) New clutch Borla Cat-back kit.

I know the 33's would fit better... but I dont plan on rock climbing, I just want a big truck. Will the 35's fit good for normal trailriding and offroading? I don't do anything that requires a lot of flex.

I am looking for some cheap steel wheels... and i found this site :

They have a bunch of cheap 15x10 steel wheels, but they all have 3.75"+ Backspacing. I know this makes the tire stick out farther... but how much of a differrence does it actually make? I want to go wide since i'm getting the 6" fender flares, and i believe the law in NJ is that the tires can stick out about 2" past the fender.

What are some other good places or sites to get cheap steel wheels and tires? This jeep is a daily driver so i'm thinking the 33's would be the best bet. Can I fit a spare 33" tire on the stock spare tire rack?

I'm kinda new to all of this stuff so I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks!

-Ryan

Reply to
ryaweten

You might need a 1" body lift to fit the 35's. Also if you have the Dana 35c rear axle, you will need to upgrade the axle, 35's kill that axle pretty quick. If you don't *need* the larger tires, save your money.

You'll want the shallower backspacing so your tires don't rub the front control arms. You might also consider 8" rims, when aired down for off-roading they will tend to be less susceptibe to losing a bead.

Also, in my opinion if your exhaust is shot from the cat back, go ahead and get the Borla, but if your exhaust is OK don't bother.

Yes, but it's not really designed to carry that weight, a swing-out tire carrier is recommended.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo