Duramax 07

I took truck to dealer to have a coolant temp gauge issue checked. I was in formed the truck has 2 180*F thermostats. What is the reason for 2 and what
are there specific functions?

The HD gas engines also have two. It's to get more flow to the radiator. On the gas engines they are in one housing with the upper hose coming out to the radiator.
Al