Hard starting Sierra

Ian, Wally or any others that can help my truck has recently decided it doesn't want to start so easily any more. It cranks a moment or two longer than before and when it does start sometimes it falls on it's
face for a split second. Also I've noticed an occasional rough idle. All three symptoms will appear at the same time. Other times things are just fine. As part of the 30k service I changed the fuel filter. The truck now has 32,500 and the problems started in the last 1000 miles. I suspect the fuel pressure regulator is going south so I need to know what is acceptable pressure for an '02 Sierra 5.3? It's going into the dealer but I'd like to check the pressure myself beforehand.
TIA, Joshua
Mine runs a hair under 7 i checked it last night hope it helps
CN.

vo wrote:

Under 7? Under 7 bars?
Joshua
I've got a 99 Silverado, 5.3 with the same thing with 47,000 miles, starts fine in the morning, but the rest of the day... starts in 1/2 sec or 3 sec. Cranks fine, sounds like its not getting gas?? Where is this regulator located and can the average (change my oil and do my tune-ups) guy change out or is this a dealer job? Thanks. B.G.