headliner repair

My headliner material is seperating from the foam backing on my 95 Tahoe. What would you recomend for a repair glue. I tried rubber cement but it fell
apart after 6 months.
TIA

have one near you ask the price if you remove it and they recover it. If not you have to take all off sand the glue off find a kit to do it youself. Contac Cement is what holds it. It's sprayed on both parts drys and try to put it on without wrinkles. Or if you don't care you can use old stick on with pins buttons, you know Vote for Nixon. I have even seen staples. Good Luck Wayne What ever glue used if not takin apart to get the old foam off it will bite you again.
or as i did, you can buy little twist pins that look like stars at a pep boys or auto zone. i just placed them where it was coming down, old john
Hello, Wayne! You wrote on Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:42:46 -0500:

If you go to your local top shop or interior shop, they have cans of contact cement and the headliner material in almost any color. I was able to recover my headliner for about $45.00.
The big thing is removing it from the cab and making sure the backing is clean after you remove the old foam and fabric. I had the whole job done and reinstalled in under 2 hrs.

I only have a small spot that is seperating. I used the Duro spray cement and that seems to work ok. If the rest starts to fall off then Ill rip the whole thing out.
Cheers