HEI dist question

Been thumbing through service manual all night and can't come up with the answer. HEI remote coil. 1 plug with 2 wires from ign module. Believe they
are c&+. Second plug to the coil has +ignition on and tach out. External HEI coil is fried. Tests infinate open. Have one of those handy 50K volt coils in the box, been sittin there collecting dust for a couple years. Can I run the two wire coil somehow?
If the external coil you have has the two connectors that are sort of "D" shaped -- the two are both parallel wired! No idea why GM opted to do it that way... but what is, is what is! :)
One usually has a pink & white wire, the other varies it seems.
But the pink will be a switched power, the white goes to the module (used to go to a set of points!! heh).

That is where I got lost. From the schematics I could see that there was a switched power, power to module, ground, and then a tach wire. Couldn't find a schematic on what went on in the coil. So to use a 2 wire coil I can tap both the switched and the power wire to the module on the + side of the coil. Then obvious the ground back to the module. The tach is just that. Someone stop me where I go wrong!

Take a look at this: http://www.euronet.nl/users/fo_elmo/fiero08.pdf
It's for a V6 Fiero, but that doesn't matter - look at the upper drawing, it shows the coil. Does that make more sense now? (picture saves 1K words!)

Thats what I needed. My GM shop manual didn't show the internals of the coil. Or if they were in there I didn't see them. Those several hundred pages of information are nice but sometimes finding specific information can be a pain in the. Thanks for the help.