Service Manual

Someone has told me not to waste money on a Mopar Service Manual for my '03TJ..... he told me that I can find it online...... I can't find it online...can u?? Thanks in advance! Jeff '03 TJ '95 ZJ

Reply to
Jeff

There was a link, but it was closed down. I don't think you will regret paying full price (90 bucks) for a FSM as it is a superbly detailed book. You could also try ebay.

Dave Milne

Reply to
Dick

There may be bootleg copies of the manuals online. I'd suspect as soon as the DC intellectual property folks find them, they are removed with rather nasty letters involved.

As for wasting money, the manual isn't particularly expensive and can be ordered online from the owners links at jeep or from a local dealer parts.

You *can* subscribe to online Tech Authority for manuals etc, but the rates are rather steep unless you are in the business.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Go to

You can order allavailable DC shop/service/diagnostic manuals in print or CD. They also havesubscriptions available for online access.

Reply to
Bruce Yelen

When I got my 03 TJ I asked the parts guy at the dealers the price of a Service Manual & he told me it was around $200 so being a cheap SOB & having a history of owning a service manual for everything I have, I started looking around and I picked up one on ebay (on cd) for like 15 bucks only problem is it's a real PIA running into the house & booting up the puter when you have half your dash tore apart & your looking for the screw locations, for example. So I decided to print it all out & after 3 ink cartridges & a ream of paper plus a big ass 3 ring binder & the time it took not to mention I've never did finish the whole thing yet I might not recommend this move. It's nice to have on disk but a hard copy is still best way to go.

L8r - Jersey

Reply to
Jersey

Jersey did pass the time by typing:

Heh. I'm in the exact opposite situation. Slowly scanning my 93ZJ service manual in because it isn't available on CD and the pages are starting to get a bit.. erm.. used.

Now I scan those pages that will be used and then they can be used for notes or wiping stuff up then thrown away.

Reply to
DougW

That was *some* markup. The list price for 81-370-03063 2003 JEEP WRANGLER (TJ) SERVICE MANUAL is only $110 USD, or $90 in tree-free CD form.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

What would be the part number for a 2001 Export Model RHD Jeep Wrangler Service Manual be? Do you happen to know? I have been having trouble tracking it down to order. The local dealer is being a big PITA by insisting the service manuals can't be bought from D/C.

Thanks TW

Reply to
TW

Did you tell him he was lying?? That usually gets people's attention. But, he maybe telling the truth, as online it is Tech Authority that sells the manuals, and they may be a 3rd party. I am not sure? Anyone know?

Reply to
Joseph P

I have just now sent a fax to the publisher in Belgium for export model RHD Jeeps. Hopefully this time I get an answer. I am after a CD. I can print the relevant chapter as needed.

Cheers TW

Reply to
TW

Do a Google search for Tenafly Chrysler Jeep. I bought my 97 Cherokee, and my 96 Voyager manuals from them $100.00 ea.

Reply to
davebz1a

If you take a "walk" through the Tech Authority website, you'll see that they are a part of Daimler Chrysler.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Yelen

I know that, you know that, but the dealer is having a hard time believing it and is being a big PITA. So I went to Tech Authority, who gave me the contact details of the publisher in Belgium. I am just waiting for their reply.

Cheers, TW

Reply to
TW

He is lying - I bought one from my dealer for my export TJ.

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Not the 2001 though - the part number is 81-326-1049 I don't think you get a RHD manual specifically, perhaps this is confusing the dealer.

Reply to
Dave Milne

If it is available, you can find it online at

Select the owners link and click on service and owners manuals which takes you to the daimler chrysler Tech Authority website. If it ain't there your dealer may be right.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Thanks for that. I'll try again. It was Tech Authority who had told me the RHD export model manuals are done by their publisher in Belgium. I am still awaiting response from them. Thanks for the part number, I'll keep trying.

TW

Reply to
TW