HELP: 1999 SIlverado 1500 3" lift kit

Hi group,
Im looking for a 3 inch lift kit that is easy to install for the novice mechanic. I want to save the money of having it installed if posiible. I know there are kits out there for under 3 bills. Has
anyone ever tried to put one in themselves that is not a mechanic?
Also, if I cannot do this, Are there any mechanics in the Southern New Hampshire(Salem) area or Northern Massachusetts area that would tackle the job??
Thanks everyone, much appreciative.
JOHN
I can't find a kit for your truck less than $1200, there is nothing hard about installing these kits (if ya follow the instructions) Most shops will charge you more than 3 bills to install 1 of these kits
--
Mad Dog
--
"soupsta" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Thanks Mad Dog, I was merely looking at a 3 inch body lift which I have seen for under 3 bills. I was intereested in what people thought about an install and who in my area does it?
Thanks, SOUPSTA

My wife is from Nashua and knows people in Manchester but not a garage or shop that could work on your truck. I have always been hesitant to attempt a body lift because of issues with the steering shaft, bumpers, fuel filler and other items that connect thru the body. I guess quite a few people do it, but it's not 4 me. Good luck friend........
--
Mad Dog
--
"soupsta" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I haven't done it but it's supposed to be a good way to make room for tires while keeping the springs flatter/more flexible.
-- "Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson Formerly: KJ the Lonely Grease Monkey

============== HELP: 1999 SIlverado 1500 3" lift kit Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Jul 7, 2004, 1:26pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (soupsta) Hi group,
1) Im looking for a 3 inch lift kit that is easy to install for the novice mechanic.
2) I want to save the money of having it installed if posiible. I know there are kits out there for under 3 bills.
3) Has anyone ever tried to put one in themselves that is not a mechanic?
Also, 4) 4a) if I cannot do this, 4b) Are there any mechanics in the Southern New Hampshire(Salem) area or Northern Massachusetts area that would tackle the job??
Thanks everyone, much appreciative. JOHN ================== 1) That part does not exist.
2) What brand name? Where can one find it? (jest curious)
3) Yes.
4a) you cannot 4b) yes
MarshMonster ~looks out the window at his shroom garden.... while stirring the pot~ ====================
Wow, thanks for all your helpful insight. Do you typically answer questions on google about topics you know nothing about?
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Marsh Monster) wrote in message (soupsta)

Soupsta, WTF does Google have to do with anything? And those answers are right on the money.
(soupsta)