HELP: 1999 SIlverado 1500 3" lift kit

Hi group,

Im looking for a 3 inch lift kit that is easy to install for the novice mechanic. I want to save the money of having it installed if posiible. I know there are kits out there for under 3 bills. Has anyone ever tried to put one in themselves that is not a mechanic?

Also, if I cannot do this, Are there any mechanics in the Southern New Hampshire(Salem) area or Northern Massachusetts area that would tackle the job??

Thanks everyone, much appreciative.

JOHN

Reply to
soupsta

I can't find a kit for your truck less than $1200, there is nothing hard about installing these kits (if ya follow the instructions) Most shops will charge you more than 3 bills to install

1 of these kits
Reply to
Mad Dog

Thanks Mad Dog, I was merely looking at a 3 inch body lift which I have seen for under 3 bills. I was intereested in what people thought about an install and who in my area does it?

Thanks, SOUPSTA

Reply to
soupsta

My wife is from Nashua and knows people in Manchester but not a garage or shop that could work on your truck. I have always been hesitant to attempt a body lift because of issues with the steering shaft, bumpers, fuel filler and other items that connect thru the body. I guess quite a few people do it, but it's not 4 me. Good luck friend........

Reply to
Mad Dog

I haven't done it but it's supposed to be a good way to make room for tires while keeping the springs flatter/more flexible.

-- "Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson Formerly: KJ the Lonely Grease Monkey

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

======== ======== HELP: 1999 SIlverado 1500 3" lift kit Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Jul 7, 2004, 1:26pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (soupsta) Hi group,

1) Im looking for a 3 inch lift kit that is easy to install for the novice mechanic.

2) I want to save the money of having it installed if posiible. I know there are kits out there for under 3 bills.

3) Has anyone ever tried to put one in themselves that is not a mechanic?

Also,

4) 4a) if I cannot do this, 4b) Are there any mechanics in the Southern New Hampshire(Salem) area or Northern Massachusetts area that would tackle the job??

Thanks everyone, much appreciative. JOHN ========== ==========

1) That part does not exist.

2) What brand name? Where can one find it? (jest curious)

3) Yes.

4a) you cannot

4b) yes

MarshMonster ~looks out the window at his shroom garden.... while stirring the pot~ =========== ===========

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Wow, thanks for all your helpful insight. Do you typically answer questions on google about topics you know nothing about?

Reply to
soupsta

Soupsta, WTF does Google have to do with anything? And those answers are right on the money.

Reply to
Demon