sqeeking lift kit

I have a 2000 Wrangler with a BDS 3 inch lift kit on it. It sqeeks badly when it is flexed over obstacles. What kind of lubricant can I use for the bushings. What areas should I pay special attention to. thanks

Reply to
Dennis Croll

Lithium grease...

...or butter

bjc

Reply to
brianc

Lithium grease...

...or butter

bjc

Reply to
brianc

how do I get lithium grease into all the bushings.

Reply to
Dennis Croll

the lift manufacturer says to lub the arm bushings. which are those.

Reply to
Dennis Croll

Aren't there grease zerk fittings on the arms? _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Dennis Croll wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

The control arms from the frame to the axle on each side of the vehicle. There also is a track bar that runs from the passenger side axle up to the drivers side frame with a bushing at the axle end.

I usually use silicon spray on bushings. You can now get lithium in a spray that goes on liquid, then foams up after.

A good off road workout also can take the squeaks out...

Mike

Mike Romain