Help identifying engine.

Hi guys, figured this was the place to look for help. I bought a 1978 Chev 3/4 ton that's had a fair bit of work done to it over the years. I've been told that the engine has been changed but no
one around here knows what they put in it. I live in the middle of freakin nowhere and help is not exactly just around the corner. Could someone tell me what the numbers I got off the block mean? 741305469 K1005CMR 686
Thanx guys much appreciated Gord
PS, remove the remove and change the dot to . to email ;-) Sorry already get too much spam
OK
get out a shop towel, some carb cleaner, and one of those 'mirrors on a stick'
back behind the left-hand head, between the head and the bell housing mounting surface is a number on the block
get it and we can go from there

You mean I need more numbers? These ones came off the block just above and left of the timing chain cover. What do they mean? Will look for the other ones when it's warm enough to crawl under the hood. Thanx Gord
Gary Glaenzer wrote:

the ones that you have relate to the VEHICLE it was in originally
the one I mentioned is a casting number for the block

no
Thanx Gary. I stumbled onto a page today that explains all of the numbers scattered over the block. For anyone else unfamiliar with them all, here's the link, explains it all quite well. The stamp I found relates to date of manufacture of the block (without the year) the plant it was made in, and partial VIN. Anywho, here's the link. http://www.mortec.com/location.htm
Cheers, Gord