Hood Latch Conversion

Anyone ever make the hoodlatch on their Jimmy/Blazer/Truck so it was an outside latch? I always liked that feature on my 72 chevelle... Figured if I ever put
something nice under the hood I could always rig a hidden lock or something....
~TLGM/KJ
No one at all?

I did it on my '78 blazer, but the only reason was a cheap fix. And I don't know if it was the cable dangling, wind resistance, or my horrible fix, but it somehow got enough force to pull the handle hard enough and damn hood flew open @ 60mph. Thank goodness for the safety catch!
If it was up to me, I would now spend the time to fix it correctly or at least have some sort of locking mechanism to keep the handle from getting pulled accidentally!
My .02
Derek