Wrong NG, but help greatly appreciated!

I know this is the wrong place to ask, but I couldn't find any Buick groups.. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help tho...

86 Buick Grand National GNX 60,000 miles, some performance parts, nothing done to tranny tho. reg. maintenance. Got it in 1990 with 15K on it.

I changed the tranny fluid+filter last week as I don't think it had ever been done or atleast I've never done it. the old fluid+filter didn't look bad but at

60k i felt it was time to be done. Topped it off to the correct levels and used correct fluid to mfgr specs and I didn't touch anything else when i had the pan off. Anyway, I took it out on a test drive and all is good. shifted firmer etc so I came home, put it in reverse to back into the drive way and it jerked and then it was like it was in neutral. So it seems reverse is completely gone. Drive, 1, 2 etc are all fine. still shifts wonderfully but reverse is gone. what could've happened? possibly a pre existing problem? thanks again.

AA

Reply to
Another Anonymous

while not a solution, my '99 silverado has started to act up ever since i did a fluid and filter swap over to synethetic. I haven't lost any gears, but, when down shifting sometimes it pulses like the the TC is going in and out of lock up.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter