GM- still can't make an unbreakable hood latch cable!!

Someone ought to teach those insensitive s.o.b.s how to grease and SECURE a hood latch cable to the pull handle and the hood!

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
misterfact

stuart8181

Why does it matter how old. I've got a Ford Festiva that's 16 years old and the hood latch still works! I've never had a hood latch cable break on any car except on GMs.

Reply to
misterfact

i've replaced hundreds of hood cables on all makes of cars. they usually all have one thing in common, nobody ever lubes them at either end.. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

I have never broken a hood latch cable on any of my GM cars. Current car is 1992 Grand AM. I periodically lube all moving parts so things like that don't happen.

Reply to
« Paul »