Hummer rear axle

My friend has a 2003 Hummer. It has a button on the dash to lock the rear axle. Anyone know how they do it?

When it's not locked is it limited slip or open?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

If that is a true Hummer the rear end is a heavy duty version of the ARB air locker. Unlocked it is open.

Reply to
Steve W.

It's a 2003 H2.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Then it is the standard Corporate GM axle with an Eaton ELocker in it. The H2 is basically nothing more than a Yukon with a different body on it anyway.

Reply to
Steve W.

Typed Yukon but had the Yukon in mind. Sorry for the oops.

Reply to
Steve W.

Speaking of Hummers, I just got my hands on a set of 5 military H1 Hummer bias-ply rims to put on the bush truck. Time to get aired down, double beadlocks here we come!

Demon

Where? ~KJ/TLGM

umber=1

Reply to
KJ

Theres an importer in BC that deals in military surplus.

> umber=1

Reply to
Demon

If you're thinking about something like that. You understand that they're

7.5" backspaced and you have to deal with that one way or another. But the upside...... magnesium beadlock/ runflat inserts. And sorry I should have called it a HMMWV, they're definately not civilian hummer.

> > umber=1

Reply to
Demon

The military doesn't use Hummers... they're unhappy enough with the hum-vee they use split rim "run flat" tires

Hummer is a hum-vee wannabe, a H2 is a hummer wannabe..

Reply to
mac davis

Maybe you missed my second post.

Reply to
Demon

I thought you were going to give us the name:

Of the town HO?

Refinish King

> > umber=1

Reply to
Refinish King

Be careful with those runflats.

If you run too fast on them for too long, they WILL burn. And nothing will stop them from burning save for a properly-equipped HAZMAT team.

> > > umber=1

Reply to
nooneyouknow

I know, that's why there's grease packs taped to the magnesium.

Reply to
Demon

Oh and they're holding 42" swampers at the moment, so not likely that the magnesium will ever see the ground anyways. But really good point to make none the less.

Reply to
Demon

I got mine 3rd.......... no.......... 4th hand I guess it'd be.

I'll try to find the guys info if you'd like. But, Don't you think it's be way easier for you to find a source in the US rather than a north of the border connection?

> > > umber=1

Reply to
Demon