John E Lingenfelter-RIP

John Earl Lingenfelter 1945-2003 Father of the GTO Rest In Peace

So it's true. I hear that a few days ago.
R.I.P. You are truely a Legend

WHAT?!?!?! NO WAY!?!?!?

This is old news, but to those few who didn't know, here's a link for you.
http://www.lingenfelter.com/jlstat2.asp
R I P

Old news my ass!!! 5 days does not make something of this magnitude old news! Anyone who has ever had their head under the hood and oil on their hands will mourn this loss for a long, long time!

farCry you're an Asshat. He died on the 25th. I heard about it on the 27th this post started on the 29th. How is that AT ALL old news.

<<Father of the GTO>>
I think that would be John Delorean and Jim Wangers. John E Lingenfelter, among many other things, could get warp speed from Chevy engine/chassis....Rico
I would always drool when HOT Rod mag would show one of his creations. Granted he was not the father of the GTO but he was the father of some SERIOUS streetable horsepower. He will be missed by all in the hotrod scene

This is a truly sad day. To say that he was (and still is) a god to the Chevy engine is an understatement. I only hope that whoever continues to carry the flag at LPE took good notes from a great engine builder.