Late model Suburban Questions, , ,

We figure a 2500 Suburban is a happy medium between the Exploder I hate and the 4door Duramax I want.
So, in the last few years are there any options I need to stay away form, any habitual problems or years to avoid?
I had a Dodge with the V10, and the daily gas usage did not offset the Power when I needed it, so I don't think I want the 8.1L Unless you can sell me on it.
Advises is appreciated?
83 CJ 8, a work in progress http://hometown.aol.com/ebmvi/MyTJindex.html Take out the "XXX" to e-mail me
There's no such thing as a happy medium. Get the 4dr Duramax, you'll be glad you did.
Paul

and the

any
Power
on
one of my recent magazines profiled a guy that does new suburbans with duramax's try a Google search
What about this?
http://www.fourwheeler.com/featuredvehicles/129_0407_suburban /