LOOK AT WHAT THE GREMLIN GOT

http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/4e/8f/1c_1_b.JPG
/dance oh yeah... oh yeah... uh uh uh.....
lol
GMC Gremlin
1972 Chevelle 1973 750 Ducati GT 1979 K5 Blazer
1984 K5 Blazer 1990 GMC V1500 Jimmy 2000 ZR 600 EFI
cool toy have fun with it
http://eshare.hpphoto.com/start.asp?JobID=%7b4688E340-6F85-4615-B646-835EA36 395F0%7d&IDKey75528700
GMC Gremlin

can you fit a 327 in it??? *g*

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Already got a 572 in dere.
GMC Gremlin

umm... is that a 5.72 or a 57.2??? lol

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
No, a full on 572CUI w/ direct port fuel injection, super charger, dual turbos, 200 shot of nos, you know all the basics before a serious performance build up.
GMC Gremlin

I'm sure you can!
In the early 70's, we were putting 350's in snowmobile. Needles to say the riders rarely escaped without any major breakages.
LOL
I just built or helped build.
Refinish King
PS Now days, my taste would lean towards a turbo 3.8 or a Vortech 4.3. Show off the computer diagnostic skills.

Right now a stocker 900cc puts out about 150hp which HAS to be over a stock 70's 350??? I think the final carbed 350's were up to about 145HP, right??? Of course they had all the legal wheezer stuff. 210HP in my 1990 TBI 350.
105hp on my new TBI "ditch pickle" - stock. Wonder what the V Force III reeds add......
GMC Gremlin

GMC Gremlin wrote:
Grats GMC...

Ahh.... someone got himself a ditch pickle. Have fun with it Bob

My thoughts exactly
--
John
Passed up a real nice 1999 XC 700 for this one; passed it onto my boss who's going to pick it up tomorra. Too.... white. Too.... looks like a john deer. (slightly aerodynamic box)

Hopefully you have enough snow to ride it. This has been just another horseshit winter in this area and my XC 600 is sitting in the garage mostly unused with only about 300 miles this year. What snow we had pretty much all melted this week. Bob

My XC has been a good sled, I call it the Kenmore due to it's a white sled also. 5.5k miles and it's running strong. Factory jetting was not great on them, if his is burbling at low speed I think I still have the specs for the right carb needles to make it run right. I don't ride it anymore, it's set up for the GF now and my REV is such a superior sled compared to it.
--
John

advice and installed the recommended parts with very good results. If I remember right the parts were a couple hundred bucks but the sled runs much better now. If you want to know more google rec.sport.snowmobiles for xcpilot. Bob
XCPilot wrote: The problem with your sled is that Polaris installed a bad combination of needles, pilots, and main jets. To get your sled to run I would suggest either 1370G or 1371G needles (clip in center), 38 pilots, 5.5 slides and smaller than stock jets-depending on altitude. The problem is that you are getting way to much fuel from the needles (1368G) and the 40 pilots on the low end. The 1370G needles are leaner in the 0 to 1/4 throttle range as are the 38 pilots. You will notice a huge improvement in how your sled runs on the low end after you make these changes. Your mileage will improve lots to if you do most of your riding at part throttle.
You got it Bob Terry (xc pilot) did a lot of testing to get to that point. I only put the 1370G needles in, clip in the #3 notch and went down 1 main jet size in the carbs. Carbs are stagger jetted BTW. I just adjusted the air screws and my sled ran like a top. I've got the factory manual and I think my sled had the proper slides OEM as he did his testing on a '98 and in '99 they went to the 5.5 slide. A set of 62 gram weights in the clutch and it's been running fine since winter '00 Running so fine it broke the drive axel in two the next winter. Was a weak batch out there. Other that it's still going strong and it's set up for the GF to ride. That sled would take my old fat 340lb butt (lost a bunch since then) down the lake and hit 110 mph on the speedo. For a '99 the needle and clutch weights cost will be under $75 to make it run great.
--
John