Problem installing rear bumper

1990 K1500
I purchased a new 10" chrome bumper for my truck. The brackets that are on there won't work because the lip on the bracket face the new mounting holes.
If I reverse them/switch the left and right brackets, the holes don't line up. The brackets that came with the new bumper are "z" shaped which makes them too wide to mount the bumper (or too narroif you reverse them!).
It looks like I need a bracket that just comes straight out from the truck that doesn't have a lip on it. Any suggestions/help?
BTW, I have contacted the seller and am waiting for a response. Just thought I would se if any of the helpful people here have any suggestions. Thanks!
Tim Urbin
Bluff City, TN