rough idling in cold weather 2001gmc sierra 1500

hi i have a 2001 gmc 1500 sierra 4 wheel drive in cold weather when i start the truck in the morning the engine races very high then it idles very rough and shuts off it will start fine again but continue to do the same thing until the motor completely warms up when the temperature is above freezing the vechile works fine -any ideas.

Reply to
kevb

Chevrolet

I tend to agree too. Might check ait temp sensor and MAF sensor too. If you use a K&N filter the oil on them can raise cain with the MAF sensor and ruin it too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

What engine do you have ? 6.0 gas ?? If you find out what the problem is can you please post it. I have the same problem and I am thinking it's fuel injectors. Also do you ever use throttle body cleaner on this truck ?

Reply to
Tim

There never was a 6.0 in a 1500 LD. Only a 4.8 or 5.3. They do all share same block and same ignition and fuel management system.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

here's a thought ..check the vac line to the fuel pressure regulator .. if fuel present it is leaking

paul

Reply to
Paul