rough idling in cold weather 2001gmc sierra 1500

hi i have a 2001 gmc 1500 sierra 4 wheel drive in cold weather when i start the truck in the morning the engine races very high then it idles very rough and shuts off it will start fine again but continue to do the same
thing until the motor completely warms up when the temperature is above freezing the vechile works fine -any ideas.
temp sensor ?... telling the ecm the wrong info

I tend to agree too. Might check ait temp sensor and MAF sensor too. If you use a K&N filter the oil on them can raise cain with the MAF sensor and ruin it too. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
What engine do you have ? 6.0 gas ?? If you find out what the problem is can you please post it. I have the same problem and I am thinking it's fuel injectors. Also do you ever use throttle body cleaner on this truck ?

There never was a 6.0 in a 1500 LD. Only a 4.8 or 5.3. They do all share same block and same ignition and fuel management system. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
here's a thought ..check the vac line to the fuel pressure regulator .. if fuel present it is leaking
paul