S10 Bellhousings

I recently aquired a 2.5L out of an '88 S10 2wd. My hopes are to install it in a '55 Willys Jeep. When I pulled the "Iron Duke" I found the bellhousing was not the SBC bolt pattern. I thought that
this motor used the same as a SBC. Did this change at some point or is the Iron Duke missed named for this year? The bellhousing is a little smaller. The transmission end appears to have the standard truck transmission pattern. The plan is to install a four speed (probably T18)behind the 2.5L for a nice slow crawl ratio. Any information on the possibilities would be greatly appreciated. The Jeep crowd wasn't a lot of help on this one so I thought I'd give you guys a try.
You could always try Advanced adapters

. .
TOP POST
well.......allllrighty then. we ain't gonna be outdone by the guys over in the Jeep room.
here....try this.....
Jeep Engine: GM 151 Address:http://www.jeeptech.com/engine/gm151.html
and even better yet....try .......
Novak Conversions - The Novak Knowledge Base Gateway
Address:http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/knowledge_gateway.htm
====================== Jul 27, 2004, 8:29am (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (cj573cj5) wrote in.....
I recently aquired a 2.5L out of an '88 S10 2wd. My hopes are to install it in a '55 Willys Jeep. When I pulled the "Iron Duke" I found the bellhousing was not the SBC bolt pattern. I thought that this motor used the same as a SBC. Did this change at some point or is the Iron Duke missed named for this year? The bellhousing is a little smaller. The transmission end appears to have the standard truck transmission pattern. The plan is to install a four speed (probably T18)behind the 2.5L for a nice slow crawl ratio. Any information on the possibilities would be greatly appreciated. The
Jeep crowd wasn't a lot of help on this one so I thought I'd give you guys a try. ======================and tell the jeep guys that we said howdy....
MarshMonster ~:~ ==============
Thanks for your response. The real question I'm trying to get answered is "Is the bolt pattern on the back of a 2.5L (1988 S10) bellhousing a direct bolt to a Chevy truck four speed transmission pattern. The T18 we are hoping to use is out of a Jeep pickup. It has the same pattern as a Chevy with the exception of one hole which can be added. It looks as if the bellhousing/input shaft are about normal length but it would also be nice to confirm.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Marsh Monster) wrote in message (cj573cj5)

. . <Subtitles Added> ================== snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (cj573cj5)
Thanks for your response. The real question I'm trying to get answered is
( Q U E S T I O N )
"Is the bolt pattern on the back of a 2.5L (1988 S10) bellhousing a direct bolt to a Chevy truck four speed transmission pattern?
(Random Thoughts)
The T18 we are hoping to use is out of a Jeep pickup. It has the same pattern as a Chevy with the exception of one hole which can be added.
It looks as if the bellhousing/input shaft are about normal length but it would also be nice to confirm.
a comment if i may........ I can see why you had such a hard time over in the Jeep room. You didn't even bother looking into the sites that I gave you..... did you? Come on now......don't lie.
You're either unable to understand the complexity of the conversion that you're considering undertakeing......and are too lazy to research the sites you're given.....
or......
you"re f*"king with me.
So......which is it???
One more thing.....you need to reeeellly think that answer through that I jest gave you.....maybe you should read you're question again.
~:~ MarshMonster ~thinks he might answer the question you meant to ask.....stirs his drink....takes a siip ......hits the pipe with a long draw......... holds it fer a sec..................................... ..........nah.....that would be presumptuous~ ======================