S10 Door Adjustment

I've a 2001 S10 ext cab, with alot of wind noise on the drivers side door. I'm also getting water dripping in with heavy rain. I can see from the inside out a gap between the body and upper front door seal. Can the door be moved or shimmed inward to close that gap? If so how? Thanks

Reply to
Bob

First make sure the hinge pin bushings aren't worn, open door about half way and try to lift up on it, should be no play. If it has play replace the bushings. If no play loosen the latch pin on the door opening and move it slightly in. have you had this vehicle since new? or is it a recent purchase?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I've had the truck since new. It's never been hit, wrecked, et cetera. The problem has gotten worse over the last 12 - 18 months. Tonight was the first time I saw the gap in the door. The door is firm. I tried that earlier this evening. I'll look for the latch pin adjustment. When I looked earlier, that adjustment wasn't obvious to me. Thanks

Reply to
Bob

The truck is an extended cab. The latch pin doesn't appear to have any in / out adjustment. There is a shim pack behing the latch for front to back adjustment, but no vertical or in/out. I broke the latch pin free, removed (dropped!!) the shims and then put it all back together. I did mark the alignment before I pulled it apart. I'll see how it sounds in the morning. Thanks

Reply to
Bob

By slightly in I mean towards the center of the truck. Loosened it should move.

My mind was fuzzy the correct term is striker.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning