Tires - Which are Best?

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

========Or, if you want something that is a little more "all season", the Nokian Vatiiva is another fine choice. I see lots and lots of them here in Vermont.
Bridgestone, Michelin, and B.F. Goodrich are all good quality tires. But if you want to save some money and have just as good quality, try to find a Kumho dealer nearby. I know-it is a funny name. According to my tire guy, they are made in Korea but they decided to go after Michelin-BIGTIME, and from the service I got from the set I bought, I have to agree-they really did their homework. I went to him specifically buy Michelins, and he started telling me about these. I wasn't interested at first but then he guarunteed me I'd like them. If not, he'd put me on a set of Mich's at his cost w/free mounting and free lifetime balancing(this is a one-man shop and he can ill-afford such freebies). IMO it was the best money I've ever spent on tires and they were 55% of the cost of a set of Michs. I was more than pleased with them and sold the truck with 28,000 miles on them-and never had a problem. Rated as all-terrain they were great in the rain. The truck came new w/Uniroyals(3 of which were OOR) and I had two sets of Goodyears put on afterwards. None were near the tire these Kumhos were. When the Bridgestones I have on my '04 Z-71 now wear out, I will buy another set of Kumho's.. Be sure and check out The TireRack's customer satisfaction ratings too. Snuffy