Top Posting

I'm running Fedora Core 4...Core 3 came with the Dummies book on DVD. My main motivation for getting that particular book was 1) I've heard good things about the Dummies books, and 2) it came with a distro.

I really didn't have the means to download and burn my own CDs to install, so it worked out well that it came with a DVD.

I've found the hardware support to be good so far. I haven't had to hunt for a single driver yet, but then again the only hardware I've added was a multi-card reader, which it automatically recognized.

I'll have to try the online book you suggested. Especially since it, as you say, starts at zero. I prefer books that start with nothing. I forced myself through the Hex and Binary portions of my Assembly books even though I already knew it just to keep inline with the author's teaching style.

Thanks, ~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

My Evolution version is 2.2.3. It doesn't do Usenet easily. When you set up the usenet account, it's screwy...it still wants an outgoing mail server, as if it's going to use it for posting. Very strange.

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

I 'top post' almost all the time... it's easier to read IMO, and is often done by people as a courtesy. In a long thread, it can help make points much quicker.

GC

Reply to
GC

More often it is done because people are too lazy to trim and quote.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

I do it because it's WAY easier than side posting.. Mac

mac davis

d o n ' t

g i t

a l l

t h e

r i f f .

~:~ MarshMonster

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Sorry, the URL has changed. Strike the above and make it:

You can read it online there, or download it as HTML or PDF.

Reply to
Warren Post

Much obliged...

~jp