Event posting....

Not having been here for too long, what is the "list" take on posting events?

Neil

Neil Brownlee

As far as I'm concerned a post should be on topic OR vaguely interesting. Both is a bonus!

Commercial stuff is OK if it comes from people who make a genuine contribution (Richard Watson and David Round spring to mind) apart from just pushing their products.

Just go for it. What's the worst that could happen?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Neil Brownlee posted ...

If it's On-Topic, ie summat involving Landrovers, especially inviting newsgroup readers to events, say, then I'm all for it. Providing it's not pushed too often with little or no other involvement with the group.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

It's a DISGRACE

Simply not enough of them here (how on earth are we to know what's on otherwise) :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Just remember that this newsgroup goes world-wide, and your "Newcastle" or "Leeds" might not be mine.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Ah!

Right, in that case.....Mud-Club are having a gathering at Tixover on the

18th Jan. Details at
(the events calander).To be there as a "mudder" you just need to sign up to the forum....that's it.

The more that attend, the cheaper the cost gets....

Neil

Neil Brownlee

And then, of course, there is Tony Cable...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

"David G. Bell" posted ...

Heheheh, no worries .. ;) I would expect an event organiser to realise this, and make their event details clear, at least as far as which country they're holding the event in .. even if it's a multi-country event .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

...and then he adds....

It's in the UK.....sorry!

Neil

Neil Brownlee

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil Brownlee" Newsgroups: alt.fan.landrover Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 9:29 AM Subject: Re: Event posting....

I'll be there Neil. Its an open day for Vince and his gang that day as well.

Rgds, Dave (if I am not too sore...........................!)

Reply to
Foxhunter

Neil Brownlee posted ...

Heheheh, bit too far, on that particular day, for us, I'm afraid .. ;(

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Just joined, Tixover is merely a stones throw away, so why not!!!

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (ex-Girlfriend, at the moment......) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs