Saab Guy is a top-posting fuckwit

Says it all.

I think he's here to irritate ppl actually. Maybe a GM spy ? That would be about the level of their (in)competence.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Spy's are easy to deal with - just tell them what they think they want to hear and they'll go away happy. 8-) We just don't tell them that it's mis-information they've been fed. he he

Swearing isn't the best way to engender support though. 8-)

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

IMHO, starting OT threads about top-posting is a fair bit worse than top-posting.

Replying to those threads is pretty bad too, of course...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Uhuh ! ;-)

Pfftt - Ok ! I guess I shouldn't let his idiocy get under my skin ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear,

Sorry people, I was just being friendly. Remember, it's just a newsgroup, so it's not the end of the world.

Be easy on me please.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

I disagree; Dave Hinds fits this title. But if Saab Guy really bothers you, do what I did to Hinds' messages - apply a kill filter.

Reply to
cs

I am sorry for bothering everyone. I just wanted people to become aware of the Videos I created for us to all share and enjoy with each other. When I posted the message, I didn't realize that someone would take that act of kindness in any negative way, so I'm surprised.

Saab Guy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Videos I created for us to all share and enjoy with each other. When I posted the message, I didn't realize that someone would take that act of kindness in any negative way, so I'm surprised.

Saab Guy - I must say I'm a little torn; can't decide if you're trying to annoy people or genuinely don't understand. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and give it one last shot.

All communication media have their conventions. These conventions are necessary in order to allow us to make easy use of these media.

Take a pub for example. A pub (that's a bar, a drinking hole etc.) has its conventions. For instance, you don't burst in the door shouting, you don't dance on the bar naked, etc. If you don't follow these conventions, you are likely to be asked to leave the pub, or at the very least you will receive a very cold response from the regulars.

Usenet has its own conventions. There are many online documents that outline these conventions, such as:

The convention in question is top-posting. This is when you write your reply to a post, quoting the original post below your reply. It makes threads very difficult to follow, and is therefore frowned upon.

Does this make sense?

Reply to
Grunff

Grunff,

I hear you. I'm not trying to do anything negative as I mentioned. If I can continue with your example, I'm the nice guy buying a "round of beers" for everyone in the bar. I don't know why the people in the bar would reject that, so why would anyone reject in providing some great Saab videos from my hard work for everyone else to enjoy? I don't get anything out of it, just the satisfaction of making people happy.

SaabGuy

the Videos I created for us to all share and enjoy with each other. When I posted the message, I didn't realize that someone would take that act of kindness in any negative way, so I'm surprised.

Reply to
Saab Guy

Exactly. Just killfile it and get on with life; life is too short to let trolls irritate you.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dave,

I'm sorry for being irritating. Just trying to be generous. I guess they're right when they say "good deeds don't go unpunished". Sheesh. :)

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

"Saab Guy" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com...

Hi Saab Guy.

Don't bother paying attention to all the negativity. I want to thank you for sharing, and if you mail me your e-addy, I'll share all my Saab vid's, once digitally recorded. :o)

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

Henrik,

Bra. Var bor du? Danmark kanshe? Jag bor i Sverige f=F6dda =E5ret 2003-2004= . Kan jag f=E5 dom e-post?

What Saab videos do you have that you are going to digitally record too?

Saab Guy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Whilst we're on the bar analogy...

I don't hear anyone complaining about the beers you've bought, but your habit of doing loud and quite whiffy farts appears to have annoyed some of the locals.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

continue with your example, I'm the nice guy buying a "round of beers" for everyone in the bar. I don't know why the people in the bar would reject that, so why would anyone reject in providing some great Saab videos from my hard work for everyone else to enjoy? I don't get anything out of it, just the satisfaction of making people happy.

Oh well, I tried...

Reply to
Grunff

The plonking sound in this group is deafening...

;-)

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

His style is a bit different than mind but I hadn't thought of him as a troll. Maybe I missed something.

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --

Christian M. Mericle

Well, there's not a lot of difference between someone intentionally trolling, and in this case, someone who has had several people clearly and politely explain about conventions, what top-posting is, and so on, to get replies (top-posted) of "OK, I'll watch out for that", and "Thanks for telling me" or whatever the words were. In other words, "I read what you wrote and don't give a shit". Patronizing at best. Either way, life's too short to willingly subject oneself to an easily avoided annoyance, whatever you want to label it.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dave,

I understood what you said and others, and stopped top posting. Simple, done. :)

No patronizing, etc. not here, I don't do that. I'm here to enjoy everyone's company.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

So it wasn't that difficult after all ;-)

Reply to
Johannes