Saab Guy is a top-posting fuckwit

Says it all.
I think he's here to irritate ppl actually. Maybe a GM spy ? That would be about the level of their (in)competence.
Graham

Spy's are easy to deal with - just tell them what they think they want to hear and they'll go away happy. 8-) We just don't tell them that it's mis-information they've been fed. he he
Swearing isn't the best way to engender support though. 8-)
Craig.
--
Craig's Saab C900 Page --> http://lios.apana.org.au/~c900 Sydney, NSW Australia
Craig's Saab C900 Workshop -- For all Saab C900 Enthusiasts world-wide!
Craig's Saab C900 Site wrote:

Uhuh ! ;-)

Pfftt - Ok ! I guess I shouldn't let his idiocy get under my skin ?
Graham
Pooh Bear,
Sorry people, I was just being friendly. Remember, it's just a newsgroup, so it's not the end of the world.
Be easy on me please.
SaabGuy
On Tue, 03 May 2005 11:25:12 +0100

Hi Saab Guy.
Don't bother paying attention to all the negativity. I want to thank you for sharing, and if you mail me your e-addy, I'll share all my Saab vid's, once digitally recorded. :o)
Cheers!
Henrik,
Bra. Var bor du? Danmark kanshe? Jag bor i Sverige fdda ret 2003-2004. Kan jag f dom e-post?
What Saab videos do you have that you are going to digitally record too?
Saab Guy
On Tue, 3 May 2005 19:39:37 +0200

Henrik,
Bra. Var bor du? Danmark kanshe? Jag bor i Sverige fdda ret 2003-2004. Kan jag f dom e-post?
Ja, jag bor i Danmark. :o)
What Saab videos do you have that you are going to digitally record too?
Don't have the overview as of now, but I have aprrox. 8 hours of Saab vid's. TV-commercials, TV-tests, Saab official tapes, The Saab Performance Team a.s.o.
Cheers!
Henrik,
Is there some way you can get those on DVD or something? I'd like to add those to my video archive collection too.
Is there some way you can do that?
SaabGuy
On Wed, 4 May 2005 07:39:56 +0200

Henrik,
Is there some way you can get those on DVD or something? I'd like to add those to my video archive collection too.
No problem. I can get it to you in high res. on DVD.
I tried to reply to your mail, but my reply got rejected.
Cheers!
Henrik,
Due to spammers. Try this e-mail address " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"
We can communicate from another e-mail address after I get that e-mail from you. :)
That would be terrific if you could get those to me on high res on DVD :)
- Ryan
On Wed, 4 May 2005 17:58:31 +0200

I disagree; Dave Hinds fits this title. But if Saab Guy really bothers you, do what I did to Hinds' messages - apply a kill filter.
On Tue, 03 May 2005 11:25:12 +0100, Pooh Bear

I am sorry for bothering everyone. I just wanted people to become aware of the Videos I created for us to all share and enjoy with each other. When I posted the message, I didn't realize that someone would take that act of kindness in any negative way, so I'm surprised.
Saab Guy
On Tue, 03 May 2005 12:34:23 -0400

Saab Guy wrote:

Videos I created for us to all share and enjoy with each other. When I posted the message, I didn't realize that someone would take that act of kindness in any negative way, so I'm surprised.
Saab Guy - I must say I'm a little torn; can't decide if you're trying to annoy people or genuinely don't understand. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and give it one last shot.
All communication media have their conventions. These conventions are necessary in order to allow us to make easy use of these media.
Take a pub for example. A pub (that's a bar, a drinking hole etc.) has its conventions. For instance, you don't burst in the door shouting, you don't dance on the bar naked, etc. If you don't follow these conventions, you are likely to be asked to leave the pub, or at the very least you will receive a very cold response from the regulars.
Usenet has its own conventions. There are many online documents that outline these conventions, such as: <http://www.newsreaders.com/guide/netiquette.html <http://www.use-net.ch/netiquette_engl.html
The convention in question is top-posting. This is when you write your reply to a post, quoting the original post below your reply. It makes threads very difficult to follow, and is therefore frowned upon.
Does this make sense?
--
Grunff

Grunff,
I hear you. I'm not trying to do anything negative as I mentioned. If I can continue with your example, I'm the nice guy buying a "round of beers" for everyone in the bar. I don't know why the people in the bar would reject that, so why would anyone reject in providing some great Saab videos from my hard work for everyone else to enjoy? I don't get anything out of it, just the satisfaction of making people happy.
SaabGuy
On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:06:19 +0100

the Videos I created for us to all share and enjoy with each other. When I posted the message, I didn't realize that someone would take that act of kindness in any negative way, so I'm surprised.

Whilst we're on the bar analogy...
I don't hear anyone complaining about the beers you've bought, but your habit of doing loud and quite whiffy farts appears to have annoyed some of the locals.
Cheers,
Colin.
Saab Guy wrote:

continue with your example, I'm the nice guy buying a "round of beers" for everyone in the bar. I don't know why the people in the bar would reject that, so why would anyone reject in providing some great Saab videos from my hard work for everyone else to enjoy? I don't get anything out of it, just the satisfaction of making people happy.
Oh well, I tried...
--
Grunff

Grunff wrote:

The plonking sound in this group is deafening...
;-)
-Fred W
On Tue, 03 May 2005 11:25:12 +0100, Pooh Bear

Exactly. Just killfile it and get on with life; life is too short to let trolls irritate you.
Dave,
I'm sorry for being irritating. Just trying to be generous. I guess they're right when they say "good deeds don't go unpunished". Sheesh. :)
SaabGuy
On 3 May 2005 17:15:07 GMT

His style is a bit different than mind but I hadn't thought of him as a troll. Maybe I missed something.
-- Christian
Save Darfur -- http://www.savedarfur.org / World Vision (Darfur) -- http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?section 025&item72182 ICC (Sudan) -- http://www.persecution.org/Countries/sudan.html