Whaddya guys think?

Page 3 of 3
I know alot of guys that run 5-30 full synthetic,in there race cars,over 7000rpms, and only run 4 quarts for max hp. I run 5-30 in my 383 and shift it at 6800rpms.

Yeah, I know alot of guys who run the thinner oils on the track for faster 1/4 mile times.....................just doesn't sit right with me! Maybe I'm just old fashioned in that aspect...................
Doc

Most racers don't expect their engines to last 100,000+ miles. H

Very good point.
Doc

(top post)
Doc, worn bottom end bearings being aggrevated by "manufacturer" specific filter design.
a random thought
~:~ marsh ~sees the doc pulling out the hair he had left over after the brake ordeal~ ========On Oct 31, 2004, 12:27am (CST+2) snipped-for-privacy@nope.com (the Doc) started the thread with: . Fellas, It's happened three times in a row so I know it wasn't just a fluke. I recently switched from using M1 oil filters to AC Delco oil filters in my truck. After every oil change, for the first 5 or so cold starts, I get horrendous lifter noise. The lifters won't shut up until I shut the truck off, then restart. On restart it's nice and quiet. Oil pressure in either instance is 60 psi. After the first 5 or so cold starts with all the bloody racket, all is back to normal until the next oil change.
This never happened with M1 filters which I've been using for the past 5 years or so on this truck.
Any thoughts?? Doc

Good thought Marsh, but the rod and main bearings are all "newer" and have around 70K miles on em'. I know they job was done right as I did it myself. Oil pressure is phenominal so it's unlikely to be a rod or main bearing. She's due for a change now, so I'm going back to M1 filters and see if that shuts her up.
Doc
. . ====== snipped-for-privacy@nope.com (the Doc) wrote in message:
She's due for a change now, so I'm going back to M1 filters and see if that shuts her up.
Doc
======Doc, I had the following site in an old file. It doesn't address your symptom, but the info fits this thread. I checked the link and it still works.
Engine Oil Filter Study Address:http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/6637/oilfilterstudy.htm Changed:3:14 PM on Friday, August 20, 1999
marsh ~:~
So it seems like Wix or A/C Delco are the only way to go..... at least according to this dude....??? Tony