what goes into a good tune up?

1991 K1500 with rebuilt 305 (40,000 km on it). what would you say are good, simple tuneup items?
1. plugs and wires (duh) 2. cap and rotor (again, duh)
3. fuel filter? 4. PCV valve? 5. anything else?
its getting to be that time...
for a "good" tune-up, take what you've already got listed, add to that: O2 sensor, Air filter, and oil change/lube job.
Jeremy

I'm apparently under the false impression that o2 sensors should last more than a years driving!! are they that common of an item to be replacing??
agreed...but lube/oil chg was just done, and I just cleaned the K+N so we can remove those two....
looks like I'm gonna need some cash!

wow! seems like a lot of stuff to do in such a relatively short period of time!! I'm assuming you're talking about miles (I'm thinking km)
1. done right after the engine rebuild 2. have not touched the diff juice ever...something to consider 3. new coolant and radflushed and fresh tstat at rebuild 4. I've not seen the Chevron stuff in canada...
thanks for the tips!

Not even at Car Quest? Just a thought...great product.
Bush
Only users lose drugs.

I didn't really see the valvoline product on the shelf, tho I saw the spot for it...so I bought the product right next to it...Motomaster Elite FI cleaner...same price, same shelf. both advertised full synthetic blend...so I bought two jugs. running one right now.
did an actual conversion of all the numbers, and here's what I've got:
I got used to getting about 150 km from $20 in the tank before I lost the needle and got worried about running out. Then I noticed I got to that point at about 120 to 130 km on the same $20.
-- at 0.82 cents a litre, and driving 130 km, that works out to 12.55 mpg.
-- at 0.77 cents a litre, and driving 150 km, that works out to 13.58 mpg.
so two factors here...one, the last fill I did that I squeezed over 150 km off a tank was also at a cheaper gas price (it jumped right up the next day)...so that accounts for most of it. however, is a sway of over 1 mpg on the same run daily something to worry about? oh, and I just realized the truck needs a wheel alignment...could that hurt?