2001 EL motor model?

Hi: Thank you all for your tire suggestions:
Actually, I found that Richmond Honda(in Richmond BC), where the fiancee takes her '97 Civic for servicing, is acutally pretty decent. Before I
would like to bring it in, though, I want to find out some information about my own 2001 Acural EL.
1) what motor is it? (Like - does Honda have the same engine? and hence do they know how to service that engine?)
2) where could I find more details about motor, transmission type, etc - on the internet? (I've been trying to dig up the 2001 EL motor model number for days, and I'm just clueless.*grin*)
Thank you!
--
MooCow

The Civic Si has V-TEC as does the EL (1.7 litre, 127hp). Here is a complete review: http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/01acura_el.htm MZ

The engine number is stamped into a plate on the front of the engine. The transmission number is on a similar plate on the bellhousing. http://asia.vtec.net/topics/enginecode.html
"Acura" does not actually exist as a manufacturer. It is a division of Honda. Your car is a dressed-up Civic, as is my Integra.
Franchised Acura dealers in Canada have an agreement with Honda Canada Inc. that they will not compete with Honda franchised dealers.
A Honda dealer *will* happily work on your car, but will not necessarily have the parts to fix it. They would have to order any parts specific to your car directly from an Acura dealer, as though they were an independent garage. Such things as oil filters are common all across Honda's make and model range, so they are no problem.

The problem with the EL is that it's Canada-only, so the market was teeny- tiny and information is scarce. Your dealer will have the workshop manuals, which will contain all that information in the front of it under General Info (if the manual is still laid out like mine). If you're nice to the parts guy, he can look it up for you.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ