2005 CIVIC NOISE IN REAR OVER BUMPS

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH A 2005 CIVIC EX REAR NOISE PROBLEM:

I HAVE TAKEN THIS CAR TO THE DEALER AND THEY CAN'T FIND THE PROBLEM. THE CAR MAKES A THUMP SOUND WHEN I GO OVER BUMPS LIKE A WASHBOARD ROAD. IT SOUNDS LIKE ITS COMING FROM THE MIDDLE REAR BY THE GAS TANK. I WAS ABLE TO GET UNDERNEATH THE CAR AND TAP THE PLASTIC GAS TANK WITH MY HAND AND WHEN I DO IT HAS A SIMILAR SOUND. ALSO WHEN I FOLD DOWN THE REAR SEAT THE SOUND IS LOUDER. I TOOK EVERYTHING OUT OF THE TRUNK AND IT STILL MAKES THE NOISE. I ALSO CHECKED THE HEAT SHIELDS AND IT WASN'T COMING FROM THEM. I SPRAYED SOME SILICONE ON THE BUSHINGS AND IT STILL MAKES NOISE. I NOTICED WHEN I FILL THE TANK WITH GAS THE NOISE SEEMS TO GET LOUDER. PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING I CAN DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM. THANKS!

Reply to
honda

Try checking your spare tire section in the trunk, my jack was loose in there once and made a lot of thumping noises when I hit bumps

Reply to
Andrew

I checked the jack and it's tight. Any other suggestions you may have please let me know. Thank you!

Reply to
video93

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

It's under warranty. Let Honda pay for it.

The may even be a TSB on this issue.

Reply to
TeGGeR®