2008 Saab Turbo X

Thirty years ago, Saab chose the Frankfurt auto show to unveil a new performance model. That car was the Saab 99 Turbo, Saab's first attempt at using turbocharging to pump up engine performance, and it
gave the little hatchback more than 140 horsepower. Limited color choices for the 99 Turbo and its successor, the 900 Turbo, meant the cars became known as the "Black Turbos."
Ever since, the Swedes have used turbocharging to boost performance throughout their model range, and Saab has emerged as GM's center of expertise for boost. So it's fitting that Saab would use this year's Frankfurt show to pay homage to the cars that started it all. Read full here http://www.zone-car.com/?2008-saab-turbo-x.php

Hmmmm, Saab must be a new model Acura.
Denny Crane
snipped-for-privacy@MadCow.net says...

--
I. Care
so is this a spam or what ?

quite unimpressed.

IIRC,at least one of the newer turboSaabs is Subaru WRX drivetrain.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

The short lived Saaburu 9-2 was a disguised WRX. After Subaru and GM got a divorce the Saaburu was uthanized. It didn't make friends in the Subaru or Saab enthusiast camps!
But if you still want the unloved child of a bad marriage, pick up a Saab 9-7 which is a Chevy Trailblazer dressed up in Swedish Drag. Yuck!
All of this nonsense about Saab celebrating it's history is stomach turning. Tell me exactly how a 9-7 is "born from jets"?
nico wrote:

Oh no, I must have stepped into an alternate universe where Honda Motor Co. has bought Saab off of GM ...... AAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!

I recollect a rumor running around some time ago that GM was buying Honda. Think that occured as a speculation when GM bought Honda's V6 to put in the Saturn SUV. Or, perhaps it was just a bad dream.
tww1491 wrote:

--------------------------
Soon HONDA may get a chance to pick up GM for cheap (but would they want to?).
'Curly'

Honda announced a few years ago that one of their long term goals is to become an engine supplier to other car manufacturers. It seems like a good idea for all concerned, including car buyers, as far as I can see.
--
Dan.

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:08:36 -0400, Dean Dark said:

As long as it's not transmissions...
;-)
--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:05:59 -0400, Venture Rider

The answer's simple. Don't buy *anything* with an automatic transmission. Honda's manual gearboxes are some of the best ever built. That's all that matters to me. :-)
--
Dan.