ABS light on 98 Integra GSR

ABS light just came on on my 98 Integra GRS, 70k miles. Friend had a 99 Accord and they told him 1000 to fix. Anyone have any ideas??

lilrdgsr wrote:

You don't need to fix the whole ABS... Just a part or a few. Try going to the Acura dealer and ask them to test out your ABS on the Integ. It will only cost about 100 or more. Then, you can buy whatever part (s) you need! Ebay has ABS part real cheap. I mean dirt cheap...

Does the light come on when the car is just started, but *stationary*, or immediately after it starts to move? This is an important distinction.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Immediately when it starts to move.

Since you have a newer model Intergra, you'll need to get the error code from the ODB-II port. You'll either need to buy a scanner or go to the dealer and get the error code. Report back to us the error code.
Nick

Probably rust or damage to the tone rings and/or sensors, at the wheels.
Like Nick says, get the code read before doing anything.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Check that...ABS light comes on as soon as I turn on the engine...and it stays on!!

The ABS system has found a fault during its power-on self-test. This is unrelated to the wheel sensors.
Get the error code read by someone with an OBD-II scanner.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Could still be a wheel sensor. My '98 Ody ABS light was lit all the time until my mechanic replaced the wheel sensor. Hasn't come on since.
Don't ask me why but the light has suddenly gone off. It has been raining like crazy in NY the past couple of days. What are the chances the rain/humidity fixed the sensor?
wrote in message

Maybe, maybe not. Get the error code read.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I don't know about the rain, but sometimes the wheel sensor gets obscured by a flake of rust or something which later falls off. Tegger is right saying get the code while you can. Then (safely) test the system (easy while it is raining) to verify that it is working. If you can feel the ABS pulse the brakes and the light stays off, save the code and forget about it.

lilrdgsr wrote:

i have a 99 acura CL and my ABS light came on to and they sad $1000 to fix but there was nothing wrong with my brakes and about a month later the light went off. so make sure it isnt the lights loose or any thing before u spend $1000.